Every year around the New Year time I like to do a year in review. It’s a great reminder to celebrate the small and big accomplishments throughout the year, as well as to set a few good goals or intentions for the next year. By doing this I find I feel happier, maintain a sense of gratitude, and stay focused on the things that matter. Life is all about purpose, meaning, and passion, without it we are all just floating through :). I always like to share my template with you, as I know some of you will fill it our for yourselves, and others like to share it with me (feel free to e-mail it to me!). I am also happy to share my answers with you privately if you are interested. My e-mail is Katherine@optimal-health-coaching.com
Here are the Questions:
- What was your biggest triumph in 2016?
2. What was the smartest decision you made in 2016?
3. What was the greatest lesson you learned in 2016?
4. What was the most loving service you performed in 2016?
5. What is your biggest piece of unfinished business from 2016?
6. What are you most happy about completing in 2016?
7. Who are the 3 people who had the greatest impact on your life in 2016?
8. What was the biggest risk you took in 2016?
9. What was the biggest surprise in 2016?
10. What important relationship improved the most in 2016?
11. What compliment would you have liked to receive in 2016?
12. What compliment would you have liked to give in 2016?
13. What else do you need to be complete in 2016?
In terms of planning for the next year here is the guideline I follow for goal setting:
– Emotional Intelligence
– Continuing Education
Acts of Service Goals.
To summarize my year for you rather than blabbling on with all my answers:
2016 was a great year for achieving some long term goals I had set for myself such as buying a road bike, completing triathlons, returning to school for my Masters, as well as taking a long awaited trip to New Zealand. I felt a renewed sense of vigour for really challenging myself and living at my highest potential, and I also had a lot of fun! At the same time 2016 was an incredibly challenging year for myself and people close to me as we lost friends, husbands, sons, and brothers. Through these experiences I was reminded once again of how our life can be over in the blink of an eye, and it’s so crucial to say, be, do, think, and feel what we want NOW !! Each of these wonderful souls that passed away were kind, generous, intelligent, inspiring people that will stay with me in my heart, and my actions forever.
2017 is going to be a year of ease and flow into what I have created. I am at a point now where I can focus on the quality of care to my clients, working hard at school, and spending time fostering creative hobbies and passions. I feel less of a ‘push’ to get things done, and more of a year to enjoy what I have created. Of course there are fun trips planned, and I have some hiking, rock climbing, and triathlon goals, and I am looking forward to those as well. It’s time to get a dog, go camping more, and spend more time on projects in my life that I am extremely passionate about.
Enjoy your ‘reviewing’ and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!