Shepherd’s pie is my favourite and always has been. Since I’ve stopped eating meat as of a year ago I have’t made one, but last week Kyle pulled out a vegan recipe and it was fabulous! You don’t have to be a vegan to like this recipe. Even a big meat eater is going to enjoy this extra nutritious and delicious recipe.
Why do I want to share this recipe with you?
- Remind you that not EVERY meal needs to contain meat.
- Show you how lentils can be snuck into many meals. (Considering how nutritious lentils are I am always trying to find ways to get them in).
- A shepherd’s pie is a perfect meal to make on the weekend and have for a few days throughout the week!
- It’s a perfect opportunity to sneak more veggies into our day, and our week!
Just a note:
- This recipe uses regular potatoes, but we chose sweet potatoes for more nutrient value.
- We didn’t use the vegan butter (just some olive oil did the trick).
Here is the recipe we followed: