June 4th 2016- this Saturday from 2-5 pm at the YWCA Health and Fitness Centre I am hosting my core and posture workshop.
THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR EVERYBODY!
People that will benefit the most are:
– Office workers
– Recreational athletes
– People with neck pain, lower back pain, knee pain.
– People who are interested in how their body alignment is affecting their overall health, aches and pains, functional abilities.
In this 3 hour workshop you get to:
- Screen your posture on an individual basis to get an idea of how and why you can improve your alignment.
- Learn about ergonomics at the workplace and how to adjust them for better posture, more efficiency, and more comfort at work.
- Go through a series of exercises, stretches, and foam rolling drills to improve posture.
- Finish with a total breakdown of your core muscles, what they are, what they do, and how to actually work them in the gym for functional benefits.
I’ve blogged frequently on the importance of posture and why it’s so important and fundamental and the basis for most everything in your life. But let me give you a few more reasons to entice you to come out on Saturday!
- When your shoulders aren’t lined up well then lifting, raising, carrying, and sitting straight is hard to do, leads to injuries or pain. Tight neck muscles and pain into the back of your head? This is dysfunctional! Come learn how to release that and strengthen the opposite muscles to prevent further issue.
- MOST PEOPLE TUCK THEIR BUTT. What do I mean by that? In simple terms most people scoop their pelvis under rather than arching their lower back enough. A tucked butt= serious back problems. Serious spine/back problems= whole variety of other issues. Don’t know what I mean by a tucked butt/pelvis- you’ve got to join me on Saturday!
- Walking with your toes turned way out? You are creating muscle imbalances, and losing force from some of your strongest muscles. Come and learn how the small movements of your body can have a huge impact on your overall abilities!
If you don’t mind passing this along to a fellow coworker, friend, or spouse of yours who is looking to optimize their body function and learn more about how they can prevent injury I would really appreciate it!
I am really passionate about teaching people about how their bodies work. Growing up we are never taught how to take care of our physical selves besides being told to exercise. In this workshop I want to jump start your learning so you can feel in your best physical shape and health.
Here is the description from the YWCA website:
CORE & POSTURE FIT
Learn what happens to your muscles, tissues and joints when you move with poor posture or sit all day. You will learn a series of exercises, stretches, and foam rolling drills to counteract the postural irregularities. You’ll also get more functional and effective ways to train your core unit. Please wear fitness clothes and be ready to move
Saturday, Jun 4 | 2 -5 pm
Member $45 / Non-member $50
Instructor: Katherine Taylor
Call them at 604-895-5777 to sign up today!