It’s a busy this week with a full client load and multiple ergonomic assessments at workstations throughout Vancouver, which means I have just a quick blog for you today! It’s simply written- but contains a lot of value if you really focus on what each point means. Take a second and ask yourself if you’ve covered all these points in terms of planning your workouts!
- Know why you are choosing a certain exercise for your workout program.
- Know what muscles are supposed to be engaging while you do the movement, and engage them!
- Find your 4 points of posture before each and every repetition of the exercise.
- Inhale and engage your core before the movement, exhale as you perform the movement.
- Ask questions when you don’t understand something.
- PAIN is not normal. Back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain is no good, we need to figure out why you are getting pain.
- Mobility needs to come before strength. If you don’t have the mobility to perform an exercise, like a squat for example, you will injure yourself while trying to do it.
- Get the form and technique correct and then increase the weight appropriately. Using light weights forever (5-10 pounds) is going to get you nowhere in terms of getting stronger and getting the benefits you want.
- Warm up and cool down, and eat after your workout. Without doing all of these things you will end up with limited results.