Are you ready for the next round of Women on Weights at the YWCA? This class is designed for women to learn proper form and technique when lifting weights at the gym or in a group fitness class.
This class (Level 1) is designed for beginner’s who aren’t 100 % confident with basic weight lifting (using machines, free weights, and body weight exercises). Together as a group we learn perfect form for exercises like a glute lift, squat, bicep curl, chest press, bent over row, dead bug, and core work! Each workout is designed to be highly educational, but also get your heart rate up and give you a workout.
Within the program we also go over dynamic warm up, proper cool downs and foam rolling. (Oh and posture, you know me, I can’t give a workshop without talking about posture!).
The next round starts on September 29th from 6-7 pm.
IF YOU KNOW ANY LADIES WHO ARE:
- Not lifting weights (and therefore missing out on the physical benefits like preventing Ostoeporosis, improving glucose tolerance, decreasing body fat).
- Not sure if they are doing it properly
- Consistently getting injured in group fitness classes, or exercising on their own.
- Looking for a fun environment to practice weight lifting.
- Looking for a program to get their butt to the gym (and get a scheduled workout program).
Then please send them this e-mail and let them know about my upcoming program. The group usually caps at around 8 people, and it always fills up- so get your spot soon!
Call the YWCA today to reserve your spot 604-895-5777.
September 29th from 6-7 pm, 6 week program , $150 for members, $186 for non members.
More details and testimonials about the program can be found on my website:
Hope to see you there,
Ps- Photo credit from this article for women’s health mag: