Mobility Class Saturday June 20th 2015
#180-4255 Arbutus Street. $20 Drop in. 1130-1230
FOCUS: WRISTS AND NECK
Wristsand neck muscles are commonly at the ‘brunt’ end of suffering our aches and pains. What I mean by that is that lack of range of motion further through your kinetic chain (shoulder, thoracic spine) will cause you to compensate, and move differently. As a result the neck muscles and wrist muscles are forced to adapt to different positions, and can often become stiff and sore from chronically being used inappropriately, and too much.
If you are a computer user, you guaranteed have a need to mobilize your wrists, and if you don’t sit upright with your ears over your shoulders you’ve got some need for some neck work as well!
Come join me on Saturday to spend some time loosening these areas that have taken the brunt of your pain for some time…
Just in case you want a sneak preview:
- 4 way neck turns
- 4 way wrist stretches
- Wrist rotations
- Hand stretches
- Neck on the roller
- Upper back on roller
- Chest on roller
- Wrist extensors and flexors, variations with one ball and two balls.
- Traps against wall (head butt)
- Traps and rhomboids double ball slide
- Suboccipital muscles
- Flexion and extension of spine with balls
- Neck extensors & flexors
- C circles around shoulder blade.
– Internal and external rotation with band.
- Levator scap (head down)
- SCM stretch (head up)
- Lateral neck muscles- head to the side.
- Chest stretch on roller
- Internal and external rotation on back with pin down.