Mobility Class- Saturday June 13th 2015
People with knee issues are going to love this one 🙂
I LOVE what Kelly Starrett (the king of mobility) writes on the main page of his website :
” All human beings should be able to perform basic maintenance on themselves” A.K.A- people should have the knowledge and equipment to manage their aches/pains/issues and live injury free without running off to professionals to help them!”
The more people I can educate, mobilize, and help the more people I can impact to feel and move better in this world.
And that’s where my mission to run the mobility class comes from!
Will you join me at APT (4255 Arbutus street) this Saturday at 11:30 am??
Focus: Inner and outer thigh
- Middle splits
- Two block twist.
- Leg swings
- Picking up legs and giving a hug
- Inner thighs
- Vastus Lateralis
- Glute med’s.
- Inner thigh with balls
- Outer thigh
- Side to side inner thigh stretch upright (leaning)
- Side to side inner thigh stretch with a forward folded upper body.
- Frog rocking back and forward.
- Pigeon with a straight leg
- Half squat inner thigh stretch, shifting side to side.
- Hold the leg with a strap on your back- then bring the leg out to the side, hips on the ground.
- Same stretch again, hip off the ground
- Now do the inner thigh.
- Legs up the wall and wide, supported with blocks.
- Butterfly stretch- upright, and folded forward.
Strength for stability:
- Inner thigh squats
- One leg deadlifts.