Muscle Up Monday with Optimal Health Coaching
Sit Up punches
Here’s how I add some flavour to my sit-ups once in awhile to engage the shoulders:
– Laying on your back plant your feet into the floor
– Hold a 3-12 pound weight in your right arm
– As you exhale and contract the core lift the right shoulder off the ground and punch to your left side
o Imagine there is someone standing to your left and you are punching them!
o Keep the non punching shoulder (in this case the left) on the ground.
– Punch fast, hard, stay engaged through the core and the back.
– Aim to do 20 and switch to the other side!
Hahaha…no wait…that's not right.