Sunday in the kitchen with Katherine
Ultimate Avocado Salad
“If you don’t want to eat it, don’t, if you want to eat it, savour it”.
I LOVE THIS QUOTE.
When we eat we should be eating to fuel our body first of all, but our food should also bring us pleasure and satisfaction. Which is why I like to make delicious tasty salads= get the best of all worlds!
Here is an example of a delicious and simple salad perfect to bring for lunch:
1. Grab a big bowl and fill it up full of a variety of green leafy vegetables (kale, spinach, romaine, iceberg lettuce).
2. Throw whatever other veggies you are feeling in (I love bell peppers and zucchini in mine).
3. Next crumble some unpasteurized goat feta cheese on top.
4. Add in ¼-1/2 an avocado.
5. Throw a few nuts on top (pecans or cashews are my favourite).
6. Top it off with a nice piece of fish or chicken.
7. For dressing I stick with an extremely basic and delicious: olive oil, braggs aminos, Himalayan sea salt.
I could eat this everyday for lunch for the rest of my life…I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!