Sunday in the kitchen with Katherine
So as you may be able to tell with my posts, I like to keep things extremely simple in terms of cooking and preparation. One of the tastiest and easiest meals Kyle and I usually end up cooking a few batches of during the week is roasted root veggies. A great source of starchy vegetables, with a good amount of roasted fat, this veggies taste delicious paired with almost anything!
Here is how I like to make them:
1 daikon radish
1 sweet potato (optional, I don’t ALWAYS add this one in.)
Himalayan sea salt
Any spices you enjoy (I often do fresh garlic and onion, or paprika)
1) Preheat the oven to 350
2) Chop all the veggies up into bit sized pieces
3) Pile the veggies on in one layer (this will probably take up two big baking pans
4) Heat up 4 tablespoons of coconut oil and pour over both pains
5) Pile on your spices and seasonings
6) Give everything a big stir so that all veggies are covered
7) Cook for usually 25-35 minutes depending on the stove.
8) Add some Bragg’s liquid aminos after for some added flavour if you’d like!
· I suggest getting a bunch of glass Tupperware containers and proportioning all the veggies. Now you have lunches for two!